My first album
Blink-182 – ‘Enema of the state’
“I think the first album I brought was
blink-182’s ‘enema of the state’. I was 11 and my friends had it and I just
liked every single song. I’d listen to that album 100 times before I brought it
and I had to have it myself. If it came on and I was totally wasted now, I’d
totally love every minute of it. I haven’t listened to it for a long time
though. Maybe I’ll listen to it when I get home…”
My first gig
Stingray, Glastonbury, 2011
‘The lead singer was my IT teacher from
school, and then he dropped out of school to be in Stingray full time. I
thought he was a genius and a god. He was the first person I met who gave up
everything to do music. He owns the place where we practices now and we’re good
mates, but back then he was our teacher so when we saw him onstage it was like,
‘you are so cool, Mr. Hampton.”
The first song I fell in love with
‘Akuna Mutate’ from the lion king
“It’d be ‘Hakuna Matata’. I had an argument
with someone recently and realized my entire worldview come from ‘Hakuna
Matata’ “no worries for the rest of your days/it’s a problem free philosophy”.
That’s it. That attitude to life is really refreshing and it’s something I try
to sustain even 17 years after watching the film.”
My favorite lyric
The Beatles – ‘she loves you’
“It’d probably be something like ‘she loves
you, yeah, yeah, yeah’. Four of the simplest song words, but just done really
well.”
My favorite film
Step Brothers
“Has to be stepbrothers, I personally think
it is 1 of the funniest films around I have it on DVD and I have seen it
roughly around 15 times in the last year or 2.”
My favorite sport
“I have many favorite sports including
football, rugby, golf, cricket, I enjoy watching and playing all these sports,
I was born into a sporty family with my dad and my brother both playing cricket
and football at a high level, I have played for England under 19s for cricket
which was a good experience, I am also a massive Manchester United fan with a
season ticket, but currently my music is taking over my life!”
No comments:
Post a Comment